Thursday, August 21, 2008

Horror in the Corn Patch!

  I was out admiring our little front garden and the cute watermelons coming along, when all of a sudden I spied........
 .....bits and pieces of corn husks. Chills went up and down my spine. OH NO!!!!!.. did a little critter get into our corn patch?
  I ran around to the back garden and to my horror there was our precious corn trampled down and the corn cobs lying all over the ground.
 The culprit, a little racoon we have been chasing off. I looked at the corn the evening before and said "OOOOO, just one more day and we'll pick it and have sweet corn and tomatoes and squash from our garden for supper!". I didn't mind sharing the lettuce with the bunnies and the tomatoes with the deer but I did not want to share the corn with Mr. Racoon!!!!! He had a feast, Boo Hoo Hoo!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so sad. To bad Rusty is not coming to Nauvoo with me and bringing his glock. :)

JaPinoy said...

mr. raccoon just wanted to have some of the tasty Flake homemade corn salsa!